Thursday, August 14, 2008

Today is the day!

So, hubby had to go into work this morning (his boss really doesn't like to stick to a schedule of any sort, and often will say "I'll give you a call if I need you back earlier" when hubby asks when to come back after lunch...) even though he was scheduled to have the whole day off. I'm not complaining, though, cause it's about $50 worth of time...

After he gets home, we are heading to my MILs house. She gets the kids for the day, then we are borrowing FILs pickup (we were supposed to borrow MILs big SUV...but she hit a phesant and it now needs a little work!) to drive up and buy a dishwasher. YEAH!!!

We'll also do a bit more shopping, then head home...maybe get the dishwasher installed (I kinda doubt it with the time frame) then go to the anticipatory Mass at our church. Then, hubby will go visit his parents and bring the kids home, and I'll go to my bible study (we are starting Kimberly Hahn's "Chosen and Cherished" tonight.)

Yesterday we finally decided on a plan for a backsplash in our kitchen. It's not going to be as nice as the cabinets and countertops, but we ordered some peel and stick tiles, will be looking into getting some trim today, and ordered some colorful curtains so that I can take down the horribly ugly lace thing that we've had since we moved in (I really don't like old lady window treatments...or wallpaper, but we didn't have the wallpaper problem in this house!)

Then tomorrow I have even more pickles to make, and I think I'm going to can some pears as well.

No comments: