Friday, August 29, 2008

And McCain's VP pick is...Sarah Palin!

It feels so weird for something in the world of politics to go just as I'd like it to (so far) that I'm not really sure what to say. I am so, so glad that Senator McCain chose a pro-life candidate, though!

I will say that I have been moved by Governor Palin's personal witness for life when it comes to her fifth child, Trig. Palin's son, born this April, was diagnosed with Down's Syndrome in utero, but Palin says she never considered "terminating" her pregnancy. Upon Trig's birth, the family issued a statement which reads, in part:

"Trig is beautiful and already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed."

For more on this part of the story, you might want to check out a good op-ed piece by Nat Hentoff (which I didn't stumble upon until today) here.

Now, for the peace of my family, a break from politics for a few days! ;-)

No comments: