Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 14 - NFP class

Well, hubby and I have our 3rd NFP class (ending our first series of classes today) to teach this afternoon. And, I have to admit, I fell off the wagon today.

It probably started with yesterday...

My MIL called to find out if we had Saturday night Mass in our town this weekend, and we didn't...it was in the next town over. So, she decided to drive down, pick up the girls and us, head over to the evening Mass and then eat at Pizza Hut afterwards (her treat, so no expense there). Well, I knew that the grocery store over there had a coupon for the store brand margarine for 29 cents, so we stopped at the store, and I purchased the margarine, another several lbs of bananas (2 lbs for 89 cents...I bought a little over 4 lbs) and a big container of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats (on sale plus coupon got them for $2).

I also knew that I wanted to stop by our store for peanut butter ($1.66 per jar for store brand and we are OUT), but it was too late by the time we got home. Since we slept in this morning (until 8!), and had a lazy morning I sent hubby to the grocery store with the rest of our grocery money (until Friday) to get some donuts, some diet coke and the peanut butter...Donuts and Diet Coke are clearly NOT in the spirit of the 30 days. I know my total pretty closely, now...$111.53, since I started with a $100 bill, and hubby stopped by the store and spent $11.53 on Friday.

After our class, we'll head up and get the girls, and spend the evening visiting with my in-laws. Then, it's back to work and school! Other than a trip to the library some time next week, counting collection at church, a blood drive, and a Knights of Columbus meeting, we've got a pretty empty week!

No comments: