Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 12 - Rain, rain, go away...

So, it was raining when we woke up this morning (at 6 am...thank you very much Charlotte!), it was raining when we went to Mass, it was raining even harder after Mass (so I made hubby stop at the grocery store instead of me and the girls!) It was raining while we did class, it was raining while we ate lunch, it was raining while we took naps (I even got one today...and the rain makes a lot more noise in our room now that we have a sidewalk directly behind it!) it was raining when we woke up, it was raining while the girls watched Cinderella, it was raining when hubby got home, and it finally stopped raining right around dinner time. (Trust me, for here, that is a LOT of rain!)

Things have been going pretty well since my shopping day on the 10th.

As I mentioned, I sent hubby to the grocery store today for hotdog buns, a gallon of milk, bananas and a side dish (he brought home macaroni salad...I was so fried that I just didn't have the energy to come up with anything) He spent $11.53, bringing my total to $92.16. I'm thinking that I was a little overly ambitious with my thought of spending $100 for the whole month...I'm going to get out another $100 on payday (week from today) to finish out the month. I guess $200 isn't that bad...when we were Dave Ramsey-ing it a couple of years ago to pay off all our debt (except for our mortgage) I budgeted between $225 and $300 a month. Of course, grocery costs have gone up since then.

I do plan to pick up a few more items this week (we have been out of peanut butter for most of the month, and it's on sale 6 for $10, we're also out of butter, and I'm betting we'll have another store run for milk and bananas.)

We also completed Eva's first week of school...I'm in trouble...she whipped through a week's worth of phonics in two days, and two week's worth of math in 4 days...

I guess it's a good problem to have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oye pom esa bahina en espaƱol y saludo para mi amigo KEVIN BOLO