Friday, April 11, 2008

It was fun while it lasted...


Well, I don't think that I mentioned this in my last post, but as our doc was putting Charlotte's arm in a tiny purple cast, he didn't have that much faith that she wouldn't be able to pull it off...

Technically it wasn't her fault...technically, I am blaming hubby for this one!

He had the idea to put one of his socks over her arm for nap time so that she wouldn't tug at the cast (which she had been doing since it was put on) and after nap time when I took the sock off...the cast came with it...

I did fail to mention exactly how the cast came off to our doctor, though...kinda embarrassing!

So, cast #2 isn't really a cast at all...Our doc created a splint out of the cast materials, held it in place with an ace wrap with adhesive, clippies and a whole bunch of tape.

One of the other doctors came in (to make fun of our doc, so far as I could tell!) and when our doctor said he hoped this one would stay on for at least 48 hours, the other doc told us that he thought the odds were 50/50...

Also, we went from 3 weeks in a cast orders (at 11 am) to one week with the splint (at 4:30 pm)...so, we'll have to see how quickly this heals!

No comments: