Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Disposable Free Night...

Okay, I admit it...I am not nearly as hard core of a cloth diaperer as I thought I would be/intended to be.

As soon as Eva started needing a diaper change in the middle of the night (I mean, as a toddler...I did change her during the night when she was itty bitty!) I ditched the cloth diapers at night. So, Charlotte, naturally has used a disposable virtually every night of her life (okay, when she was itty bitty, I may have kept her in cloth, too! As soon as they move out of my bed, however, I do NOT want to have to get up in the middle of the night!)

So, I recently obtained 7 pocket diapers...greatest things ever! Had I known how great they are, I would have asked for them rather than prefolds and covers at my baby shower...of course, there is a chance that they have improved quite a bit in the past 4 years.

The diapers were Charlotte's Christmas present from my MIL (thankfully, she sees diapers as an appropriate gift for a one year old...my mom thinks only TOYS will do!) I got to pick them out...so I chose a variety of styles. In the one size category, I have 2 Haute Pockets (1 snap, 1 velcro), 2 Tiny Tush Elites (1 snap, 1 velcro), and 1 Bumgenius. I also got one large Fuzzi Bunz, and one large Pocket Change. My favorite by far are the Haute Pockets...but I love all the one size. The only problem I see with them is that Charlotte may outgrow them (I know Eva would have!) before potty training...but then again, as she is my shrimp (50th percentile for height and weight) maybe I won't have that problem. My least favorite is probably the Pocket Change...but that might change!

See, the Pocket Change diaper came with two inserts...not sure what either are made of...one is terry cloth (maybe??) Well, it's the same material as the Haute Pockets inserts, and the other is ?? (no idea on this one...flannel? hemp??) the same material as the inserts for the Tiny Tush Elites. So, last night, feeling brave (and sleep deprived from Eva being sick) I stuffed both inserts in the diaper, and put Charlotte to sleep at 8. She did wake up at about 5:30, but hubby gave her pacifier back to her, and she went back to sleep without even getting a change...and SHE'S STILL SLEEPING!!!! It's almost 8 am! YEAH!!!

So, I guess maybe someday I will be as hard core as I have always wanted to be!

No comments: