Saturday, May 03, 2008

What's driving me crazy right now...

Okay, I am a control freak, and I realize this...

Yesterday was payday (YEAH!!!) So, I've been paying bills and making purchases left and right since yesterday (for instance, hubby is doing his 4th degree in the Knights of Columbus in June, and he needs a tuxedo for the ceremony...and for future ceremonies he takes part in, so I bought him a tux...paid our dish network bill, put money into Charlotte's college savings plan, etc.) Of course, NORMALLY before I do any of this, I check our checking account (online only checking) to make sure that hubby's paycheck did make it in (I don't know why I worry...it's not like his employer is likely to NOT make the direct deposit!) BUT I haven't been able to get to the website of our bank since Wednesday! I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be balancing my checkbook right about now, but since hubby's wallet is at work with him (with some of the receipts from recent purchases) and since I can't get into the account to check on totals of a few things...my checkbook is unbalanced, and I am unhappy!

I can get into our local bank's website, so I know that the portion of hubby's paycheck that goes into that account has made it in...

I also can't get into the website for hubby's retirement savings. They changed the format, and seem to be having some glitches today, so I can't even get my checkbook balancing fix by checking on the total of our investments!

I know, I am sick...

In other news, we took Charlotte to the doctor yesterday for x-rays...all of us had thought that she would be fine and ready to run around without her splint (the doc even threw away the nasty smelly splint before the x-ray!) Turns out she hasn't healed as fast as expected, and so she's got a new homemade (well, doctor made...by the doc who was making fun of our doc last time, as our doc is on vacation this week) splint that she has taken off approximately 8 times in the last 24 hours...it's going to be a long 2 more weeks! On the plus side, though...2 weeks it will be time for her to have her 18 month checkup and shots, so I should be able to kill a bunch of birds with one stone (or a bunch of cats with one blast of a shotgun...like my FIL has been doing recently...overpopulation of farm cats is not a pleasant matter). I don't think Charlotte will like that appointment very much, but at least it will all be over at once! I'm tired of seeing the clinic this month!

No comments: