Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My New Theme Song...

Well, I've been a fan of They Might Be Giants for quite a long time now. The great thing is that they now do children's music. Quite a while back we purchased "Here Come the ABCs" off of ITunes, and it has been the whole family's favorite. Hubby was reading TIME a few weeks ago (I don't understand why he reads that thing...it just ticks me off every time I pick it up!) and they had an article that talked about the new shows and music that are becoming available to the generation now raising young children (did you know that Yo Gabba Gabba! was created by one of the guys from Devo?) In the article they mentioned that They Might Be Giants had a new CD out "Here Come the 123s" So, naturally we downloaded that album, too. On it is my new theme song:

Seven Days of the Week (I Never Go To Work)

Oh no, no I never go to work
Oh no, no I never go to work
Oh no, no I never go to work
Oh no, no I never go to work

On Mondays I never go to work
On Tuesdays I stay at home
On Wednesdays I never feel inclined
work is the last thing on my mind

On Thursdays, it's a holiday
And Fridays I detest
Oh, it's much to late on a Saturday
And Sunday is the day of rest


Perfect for a housewife, huh? And a great rhythm for scrubbing the counters in the kitchen. (Verse 2 is pretty entertaining to me, as a former band geek, too!)

No comments: