Friday, April 03, 2009

Quick Takes Friday...already!?!

Okay, so I have to admit that I've been whining all week about how long the week has been...but when I was checking blogs today and saw that Jen had her quick takes up for the week...well, I have to admit that I had to think twice about it. First I wondered why it was up on Thursday...then I realized that since I have fish sticks in the oven, it must be Friday.


1-
Surgery is set, I am done with all of my requirements (other than losing 20 lbs...I'm down 17 as of this morning...so 3 lbs in 6 days? Hopefully that is doable!) My pre-op class was on Monday, and other than giving me a million things to worry about (I couldn't believe the number of times that they said "if x happens, we will stop the surgery") I'm fairly excited and nervous about the procedure. Of course, I am trying to think of having my surgery on Holy Thursday as a good thing rather than "uh, oh...how close to the agony of Jesus am I going to get in this situation??"



2-
The girls fit just fine in their flower girl dresses. My MIL was convinced that we'd have to have at least Charlotte's dress hemmed by quite a bit. As it stands now, both girls have about 1/4 inch dragging on the floor, and as the wedding isn't for 8 weeks, we may not need to hem them at all...



3-
There are so many things that I want to get done before I leave for the hospital (including sewing dresses for the girls that are all cut and ready to go, and getting our will that I made out BEFORE Charlotte was born signed...I know, I'm a pessimist...) but I doubt I'll be getting much of it done.



4-
Our Lenten penance service was cancelled due to snow last week, so we went up to the one at MIL's church. We met her for supper beforehand, and I took a couple of pictures of the girls. Between people from our church and another smaller parish, we outnumbered the people from MILs church. I had the priest laughing pretty hard after my confession (I don't know if that's a good thing or not...) I had been to confession once already during Lent, so my confession was pretty to the point...I didn't make any explanations for my sins (I'm working hard on not excusing them) and I got done in about a minute. He told me I should do a homily based on my confession, and we were both laughing as I left. MIL (who was behind me in line) asked me if he kicked me out...



5-
At said penance service, we ran into some friends that we haven't seen in quite a while...I hadn't realized how long it had been until I asked how old their little boy was...it turns out he is almost 2! Last time we saw them, she was pregnant...so, it's been a while...and beyond that, they told us that their oldest will be 16 really soon. It seems pretty impossible, but that's the way it always is when kids grow up!



6-
The entertainment for the women and children went okay last Sunday for the Knights of Columbus meeting...the ladies entertained themselves, and I entertained my kids (the only children, as I had expected!) Hubby made me make enough sloppy joes for 30 people out of fear that there wouldn't be enough food...well, the Grand Knight also brought about three items, and there was enough food for an army. It all went well, even though we now are going to be scheduling an insurance review with our agent. He asked if it had been a while, I said that we'd just updated it recently (either right before or after Charlotte was born), and he said we should be reviewing it annually, or at least every other year. I guess he can come talk to us, but I'm pretty firm on the amount and types of insurance we need at this point in our lives.


7-
Hubby was so thrilled to see Jack Black on Yo Gabba Gabba today...I think he needs a life, but to save him the trouble of posting it here...here it is:



Happy weekend, and then Happy Easter to everyone! No quick takes next week (because of Good Friday overall, and because I should be traveling home from the hospital more particularly...) but I will try to have hubby post how my surgery goes!

Check out more quick takes at Jen's blog!

No comments: