Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm doing great!

Just in case anybody reads my blog that has not already heard on facebook, my surgery yesterday went extremely well. The biggest problem that happened was that it took 2 nurses a total of 3 times to get my IV in. Beyond that, the anesthesiologist had no trouble intibating me (and didn't knock out any teeth, which was one of the warnings on my consent form!) I didn't see the surgeon at all today (well, they did take away my glasses when I was wheeled into the OR), and I don't even think I was awake enough to place my feet correctly for the surgery, so I think I twisted or sprained one of my ankles...it doesn't hurt too terribly, but in a couple of hourse, I think I will call over to the doctor's office and see if someone could take a look at it...I'd hate to have a blood clot and just go home thinking it was nothing!

I was so tired after surgery that I took two naps yesterday after discharge...one at about 3:30 to 5, and another while hubby was at Holy Thursday Mass (I was just to darn tired to make it, which was just as well, since hubby got there 20 minutes early, and the church itself was completely full, and the basement overflow was already half full) from about 7ish to 8:30ish. So, needless to say that I had some trouble trying to go back to sleep this morning after taking some pain meds.

So, today I am planning to call the doctor's office and go in if they think I should, shop at three different stores on the way home for shower supplies (I'm not supposed to sit for more than 30 mins at a time, but it looks like the easiest way to deal with that is to pick the specials at a grocery store about every hour.

I'd better go put my feet up again! Thanks for your prayers this week!

No comments: