Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You know you live in a hick town when...

...the entire town apparently shuts down for your town's "day" at the county fair...

So, my MIL had to drop off my FIL in our town, and was going to come over and spend a portion of the day with us. Hubby has to work this morning, but hopefully will have the afternoon off. What was great about my MIL showing up is that I needed to do my glucose tolerance screening test. So, after she got here at nine with no coffee (because the coffee shop was closed!) and some paint color samples (which she had to take from the store because they were closing up shop for the fair) I left to go to the clinic to get my test done...

The clinic is closed for fair...so I popped into the hospital (which, thankfully, is attached to the clinic) and they were able to do my test. I should have results tomorrow (YEAH!!! sort of, anyway...) On the way home, I noticed the daycare and the swimming pool both appear to be closed, along with at least half the businesses on main street.

My MIL was supposed to pick up 1600 lbs of hamburger for the farm, but it turns out that the packing plant is ALSO closed today for fair. Fortunately, one of the guys at the packing plant was in town still, so MIL had to go get the meat and head home before the last packing plant guy left for the fair...

So, hopefully, if hubby DOES actually have the afternoon off, we will give her a call and meet her in HER town for lunch, then hubby will be able to borrow his dad's pickup truck for the day and finish cleaning out the garage at our old house that we will hopefully not own come September 15th!

WHEW!!! All this because of the county fair...

No comments: