Tuesday, August 15, 2006

191...

Well, I could have posted this almost a week ago...but I would say that 191 is spectacularly flunking ones glucose tolerance screening test...

Yep, 191...the only problem is I can't figure out if that is about the same test result I got with Eva, or if I didn't flunk as badly last time (after living off white bread and lunch meat sandwiches and peanut M&Ms for 10 days beforehand...)

So, I put off my 3 hour test until next Monday. It just wasn't going to work out with our schedule this week. Sunday we had breakfast with our new priest after Mass...so I guess I technically could have driven up after that and taken the test yesterday. Of course, today is a Holy Day of Obligation, so I didn't want to either 1)try to make it home in time for Mass, 2)find a Mass somewhere along the way or 3)have to worry about making it to diabetic counseling AND a Mass. Of course, I could go up Wed and have the test on Thursday (my b-day) or on Thursday and have the test on Friday...but either having my test on my birthday or spending the evening of my birthday with my parents instead of hubby and toddler monster doesn't sound like too much fun. So, as it stands, I will be going up on Sunday afternoon. I will have my first prenatal appointment with my doula that evening at my parent's house (of course, I still have to fess up that we are hiring a doula...and that she will be coming to their house...) with my test at 8 am on Monday morning. And if I do need diabetic counseling (which I am pretty sure I will!) they will try to get me in that afternoon at the hospital where I will be delivering...

No comments: