Thursday, August 06, 2009

Since I'm going to miss my quick takes this week...

I figured I'd pop in with a few things!

The girls and I went to the Kit Carson County Fair this week with MIL. They have a wooden carousel, one of the last of its kind in the country (there are only around 150 left) and it is in beautiful condition. We spent much of the day riding it (it runs every half hour) while MIL judged cakes. The girls had a lot of fun. I didn't get any pictures in action, as I had to hold Charlotte on her horse, but I thought I'd share a couple of cute ones with you today.


Also, I've been canning away again. We ignored our bean plants for a couple of weeks...so when I sent hubby out to pick them, he came in with an over half full 5 gallon bucket. So, we have 10 more pints of green beans for winter consumption.

Finally, this year I ordered an assortment of hot peppers from Gurney's...so we didn't know what we were getting until they produced fruit. At least two of the plants are alive and well, one has banana peppers, and other other has these...our guess is Thai chili peppers...but we don't really know, and I have no idea what to do with them! Any ideas or suggestions?

Well, better go finish cleaning so that we can get out of here and do our last county fair thing (volunteering at the beer garden) before heading to Wichita!

No comments: