Saturday, July 08, 2006

To find out, or not to find out...

That is the question I am really struggling with.

Now, with Eva...we didn't want to know the gender....and she didn't want us to know either, so it worked out really well.

However, there is a part of me that needs to be prepared if this next one is a male child...I mean, having to deal with little boy parts in a diaper is going to be a shock to my system after almost 2 years of little girl parts in diapers...

It's not so much the "I want to get appropriate clothes" argument...I have to many psycho relatives chomping at the bit to buy baby clothes to care...

It's not the "I will feel a closer bond to the child if I find out the sex" argument...as I really don't care overall...

It's not even the "how will I decorate the nursery if I don't know whether to paint it pink or blue" argument, as Charlie will live in our room for a long time, and then move in with Eva for a long time in her already gender neutral (red) room...

And it's not the argument we could make about "we need to start planning for a move to a bigger house in about 5 years if it is a boy child, since we live in a two bedroom house"...I just can't handle planning that far in advance (and we've never lived anywhere for more than 3 years in our 7 years of married life anyway, so I won't assume we will still be here in 5 years!)

It's really all about the diapers...

How sad is that???

No comments: