Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sometimes you gotta stop and smell the flowers...

I have had a challenging few weeks...but I'll come back and blog on that later...

Today, nap time was the problem. Eva was rubbing her eyes, and clearly tired, so I (happily) put her down for a nap. Well, then my cell phone rang...it was my mom. While standing next to the back door talking to her (it's the only place inside I can get service, and it was raining, so I wasn't going to go outside to talk...) Eva started crying. I wanted to get a load of laundry in the washer, unload the dishwasher and catch a shower...I went and got her out of her crib and started to rock her. She wanted down to rock in her own rocking chair, so I let her down...the house phone rang (which, for some reason, Eva seems to think she needs to point out to me!) and it was my hubby. So, I let Eva just play for a bit while I talked to him. (A side note: she can now open the front door, so we now have to keep it locked!) When I got off the phone we tried the crib again. She was sad, and I had to go back and tell her to lie down again, but I was determined...I got a load started in the washing machine and hopped in the shower. She was STILL crying when I got out of the shower. So, after I got dressed, I went in, gave her a spanking and then rocked her until she stopped crying. I put her back down in her crib...
I started to unload the dishwasher...she was crying again. I went back in, told her to lie down and that if I had to come in again, she'd get another spanking and I wouldn't come in again until her dad got home...
However, she was crying again, and I had a change of heart...it has been storming a little bit this afternoon, and even though she doesn't normally seem scared by storms, I thought that maybe she was. I got her out of her crib, and laid down with her in my bed. She just clung to me, and fell asleep...
Sometimes I need to remember that Eva is what is important, and if I don't accomplish anything in my day other than giving her the love she needs, I have still accomplished a lot.
After a while, my arms started to fall asleep, and a fly started to harass me, so I slipped out from underneath my sweet little baby girl, and came out here to write about it (and fold a little laundry!) So, she is still sweetly sleeping in my bed, and I keep going back to check on her every few minutes so that she won't be scared when she wakes up!

No comments: