Thursday, September 09, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

Well, it's been awhile since I participated in the weekly small successes at Faith and Family LIVE! So, here are my successes for the week:

1. We started school yesterday, even though we haven't had a day spent completely at home in more than two weeks (I am hopeful that Friday will remain free, except for picking up our exchange student after her softball games). We got through all of Charlotte's preschool for the day, Eva watched her Math U See DVD, we read one chapter out of King of the Golden City (I was hoping to do 4 or 5 chapters per day over the course of a five day week, but that is not going to be happening) She also did a page of phonics, a page of handwriting, and did some math games to reinforce her first lesson.

2. We started Catechism classes at church last night, and I survived. I'll be teaching a 3rd and 4th grade combination class, and being the meanest of the teachers, they have reading assignments for the year. I helped get most of the kids registered, wrote out lists for the teachers of their registered students, never got my copies made because the DRE (otherwise known as my MIL) didn't remember to unlock the parish center so that people could get in there for copies or classrooms. We had 15 minutes with our classes, and then we had birthday cake for Mary. It was exhausting, but a success.

3. I would love to put some cleaning task here as a success, but since I still have streamers and balloons hanging in the living room from Eva's birthday party 11 days ago, there has not been much in the way of cleaning going on around here...but I have been keeping up on the dishes (not that we've had many, since I haven't been home to cook much) and the laundry isn't too backed up (I think I only have two loads that I need to do today!) so I'll call that success number 3 this week.

More small successes at Faith and Family LIVE!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I love that you did cake with your catechism class. I was always a mean teacher with homework too - hopefully I'll get a chance to be one again some day.

And if the tape had held them up I think we would still have streamers up from Clare's party in July. Alas for my kids, it doesn't.

Also I realize that I never responded to your award. Thank you so much! It feels like all I have time to post are little snapshot posts.

Farmer's City Wife said...

Thanks for being a catechist :). It's a tough job!

Great week!

Unknown said...

Great week! Thank you for being a catechist. We need so many more. It's a tough job and your parish is blessed to have you!